Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My Saami Self Gripping The Beast The Serpent Bright

My Saami Self Gripping The Beast The Serpent Bright
Nidhogg is the keep up of the three omnipresent Dragons of the "Eddas" one encounters stylish the handle of self-integration. Michael Kelly, in "Aegishjalmur, the Passage of the Dragon Rune"s writes:

Nidhogg, who lurks at the very secret root of the World-Tree, gnawing upon it, spewing malice as he consumes the shells of the dead.

Nidhogg is a devourer, a wave down of aggregates, and in regeneration the essences of your before selves, you are in detail curse Nidhogg's work, causing the Dragon to reel off that which it has devoured.

The initiator move on asks,

At the same time as form force this Dragon take?

and continues,

So Nidhogg, the last of the three omnipresent Dragons of the North, is the collection of the sum unpaid, the grievances and the unfulfilled needs of your before selves. This is a glowing and public figure foe to rent. But if you can rent and stagnant the Dragon, not eat the use of persons before skills and knowledge, enlargement your turn and your very give flavor to of Basic in the handle, in addition to this Dragon has one last Current to give when brought to heel. Nidhogg is the peak precarious of Dragons, but above and beyond the peak transformative, for according to the "Voluspa", the Seeress' Prophecy in the "The Poetic Edda", this Dragon is never-ending certain, present Ragnarok.

As I've organization in advance, my preincarnate forthseeing ends with a dream of radiance and grace. I've above and beyond organization in advance that enhanced the course of my life, above all stylish the keep up few decades, I've had dull thoughts concerning ice and flurry. In various forum I've quite organization a bit about one high opinion series of dull thoughts I have concerning me as an pleasant ice skater:

My snow/ice thoughts are endlessly lovely. Oftentimes, in my ice thoughts, I am a lovely ice skater perfectly ice dancing (I don't know how to ice skate in real life) onerous out patois in energy on the ice. I love these thoughts. I can do whatsoever in them. I drink so obviously advantage and very well alive.

I've never really decoded these thoughts superfluous the fact of pertaining to my Northern ancestral line. But today I am struck by the unspoiled facility I realize in these thoughts (of a facility I do not in this life declare). My bowels are underground eruption with the expertise that these ice skating thoughts, someplace I can do whatsoever I set my precision to do, are not immediately involving me to my Northern family, but are involving me fervently to one of my before selves. My intestines are intense out - this is my handclasp on Nidhogg and this expertise is my association just before regeneration the full mind of my whole Basic, not immediately as I am in this change, but all of my Basic in continuity.

This expertise was sparked as I rational a few report ago researched "Old Norse Witchcraft" which led me to the concept of ice skating by the Saami - the people from whom my ancestral U5b1b1-T16192C! genetic motherline descends. Iceland is one place someplace I have genetic motherline matches according to "Extraction for Dependable" (one of the labs someplace I had my mtDNA analyzed).

Modish the Saami, in "Shamanism and Northern Ecological unit" it is written:

Group belonging to the Saami population are mentioned in some of the Icelandic ancestry sagas, in some of the shorter stories about Icelanders called "paettir" (sg. "p'attr"); in some of the sagas belonging to the taste fornaldarsagas which language about ancient grow old in Scandinavia in advance the manipulate of the Norwegian king Haraldr h'arfagri (Harald finehair); as well as some of the kings' sagas - together with sagas of the earls having the status of the "Orkneyinga saga"; - and in Norwegian records alone written in Latin. Saamis are above and beyond mentioned a few grow old in the Icelandic "L'andnamab'ok", which gives a study of the settlers and their descendents, and in Icelandic annals. They are above and beyond mentioned in emotional literature, in one Eddaic poem, and in a few skaldic stanzas.

In any shield, the Saamis in all these sources are viewed from the outside.

On the other hand, the initiator ensuing continues,

A few texts language about a marriage involving a Saami organism and a Nordic man - in one shield the bridegroom is a Saami. In such motifs, the Saami are either the childish person or son of a Saami king (see "'Agrip", ch. 3; "Haraldz saga ins h'arfagra" in "Heimsrkingla", ch. 25; "Hr'olfs saga kraka", ch. 24ff; and "Volundarkvida").

In a few texts we find similes of Saami shamanism (see "Vatnsdaela saga", ch. 12; "Historia Norvegiae", 16ff.).

The heathen wiseman who announces the coming of a new and pause optimism is a civilizing font in masses medieval texts. In Old Norse texts, the job of this heathen wiseman may be understood by a Saami (see for lawsuit, "Flateyarb'ok "I", "231; Oddr Snorrason munkr": Olden times "'Ol'afs Tryggvasonar, "ch. 19(13.).

The Saamis' facility in magic is emphasized in a enormous girth of texts. Motifs unfolding possessions with magic power or spine-chilling actions caused by magic are frequently simultaneous with Saamis (see for lawsuit, "Flateyarb'ok" II, 372; "'Ol'afs saga ins Helga" in "Heimskringla", chs. 192 and 228; "H'alfdanar saga Eysteinssonar", ch. 20; "rvar Likelihood saga", chs. 4 and 12; "Sturlangs saga starfsama", ch. 12).

The writer goes on to carve up even on, but in addition to he comes to this gold treasure (as far as I'm unbalanced):

... in this imitation introduce is no razor-sharp distinction involving giants and Saamis, the brother of Br'uni is held to be a Saami.

This mystifying of Saamis and giants, as well as internarriage at the primary levels of celebrate, is a civilizing replica which Gro Steinsland in the last part has placed in a person light (Steinsland, 1991),

... in a person light in on ways than one, I'll insert...

and may above and beyond skin light on the understanding of the people living within the Old Norse culture something like to union involving Saamis and Norwegians.

Calculation to this, I above and beyond rational open that ice-skating and bone ice skates were imaginary by the ancient Saami, my family downstairs my ancestral genetic motherline. In Old Norse texts, a Saami man is called "finnr", "fidr" or "finni". A Saami organism is called a "finna" or "finnkona".

I am artlessly stupefied with stir view all this new information! Innovative, it is unmitigated to me now that my dull thoughts about ice skating join peak quite to my Saami family and advertisement me to equate the eminent magical facility of these family of excavation.

End, in one of my before incarnations, I was Saami, and I too hyperactive this magical facility, executing my facility perfectly, impressively even. My ice-skating thoughts language me that - in them, I drink delightful to do whatsoever I set my precision to do.

Third, the new to the job EF5 tropical storm synchronicity with actions in my life aligns with the lore about my Saami family, in that "spine-chilling actions caused by magic are frequently simultaneous with the Saami," as discussed more.

Fourth, I may be descended from Saami royal family, that is, the childish person of a Saami king and queen.

Fifth, my new to the job "suspicious jotun" dream, not immediately acquaintances to Vafthr'udnir in the lore, to my fylgja/hamingja/fetch, but to my Saami family as well.

Sixth, my dull ice-skating thoughts are move on coupled to my evocative family and to one of my onwards incarnations as a Saami organism. Nap these thoughts and my expertise of their connect to an ancient Basic, I am coupled to Nidhogg. Nap my credit of this association, I handclasp the beast, and begin the transformation from now described in "Voluspa" in the "Poetic Edda":

"from below the Dragon"

"dark comes forth,"

"Nidhogg carried by the wind"

"from Nithafjoll;"

"the bodies of men on"

"his wings he bears,"

"the serpent competent"... (translated by Henry Adams Bellows)

Seventh, the fact that this work of Self-integration was set for this change may certain be the good reason I felt I didn't have the pomposity do it as described in one of my preincarnate recollection - the one someplace I described my change stylish this about life, but my fylgja, "my colossal" Basic promised to lead me downstairs it, to it! At the same time as a wondrous fylgja I have, "accost my peak pure fylgja!"