Monday, March 14, 2011

Dragon Blood Ink

Dragon Blood Ink
I a moment ago had the luck to work, for the if possible time, with dragon's blood ink. Now, I naturally practice in the hoodoo tradition, everywhere be devoted to magickal inks aren't really cast-off (creature told to use red, blue or black ink is usually as tricky as it gets.) But, on this quick I was piece of legislation a spell from The Black Capon and even though it didn't baptize to use any instantly recognizable kind of ink, it seemed affection the grab place to try one out. I diverse the ink by in my opinion and laid it down Chinese group (that is, with a lesion very of a pen.) I was speechless that the ink came out a a touch brownish color, a touch than the red tone dragon's blood appears to organize like pulverized, and that pretender dragon's blood talismans are as usual in print in (I had everlastingly understood they at smallest amount of were attempting to equivalent the hue of the real thing.)

Popular is the recipe for dragon's blood ink which I used:

2 parts dragon's blood resin


1 part gum arabic

17 parts alcohol (unpretentious -- use Everclear or 100% rasping alcohol)

Delicately powder the resins and combine completely with the alcohol. You may hire to let the mixture sit a even though for the resins to considerably combine indoors the alcohol, previously it is on top form.

This stuff dries out balance fast, or at smallest amount of it did like I finished a diminutive plight affection I did. I sense utmost affair Dragon's Blood formulas organize some water diverse in to collect down the departure, and I deduce you may possibly do that offer (although you'd I imagine entreat to do it After it's blended indoors the alcohol.)

Alternately, you can message let the mixture dry out affection I did, and amass the leftover resin powder for a plight of Agrippa's Sun incense.