Thursday, April 11, 2013

Loaded And Ready For The Winter Solstice

Loaded And Ready For The Winter Solstice

This year, I get to spend the Winter Solstice in the countryside... home... and in my own backyard!

I've spent the last couple of months collecting and drying orange peels. They make great offerings...

Yellow leaves and flowers make great Winter Solstice offerings, too. My Jacob has filled my days (and some baskets) with the prettiest of them all. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVEthe way these ones dried...

Some of the bounty has already gone into winter crafts. I will use the rest of these bits of autumn to build a small fire in the yard before sunup... to watch the flames kiss the heart of winter... to say goodbye to the Darkness with a flare. Then very early in the morning, as the Young Sun takes his first bright breath over the horizon, I shall bundle up, step out of my backdoor, and greet the Light as I bite into a juicy sun-ripened orange. And I will smile ;-)

The Winter Solstice is old, jolly, frosted with bright traditions...There are many examples of this (and delicious recipes) in 2012 winter issue of "Pagan Living". What are your plans for the Winter Solstice, Yule, Saturnalia, Hanukkah, Hogswatch, Festivus, Christmas... or whatever winter holiday you celebrate, my Wicked Luvs?

Share



Source: pagan-wiccan.blogspot.com