Friday, September 3, 2010

Miss Percy Goes To Poland

Miss Percy Goes To Poland
Here's my first glimpse at the Polish cover for "The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker", Miss Percy's first foreign translation! Isn't it neat?!

I'm beside myself. Percy and the Guard are very excited too.

Polish Publisher: AMBER - (check out their site, it's awesome!)- Expected publication date: Feb. 1st 2011 *dances Polka*

This is my first foreign rights sale so I'm feeling very shiny and thrilled, to see a beautiful cover in another language and to see your name on it... well... there's just something so uniquely special and sacred about it to me. Writers are storytellers in their soul and bones, and to think that my story might cross language barriers even, well, it kinda makes me cry. Like all of this is bigger than me. Because it is, for all writers. Our stories are bigger than ourselves and they'll live in this world in ways we might never be able to. That's very special. And I feel very blessed by such an opportunity for my work to take on a whole new life, a whole new language. That's magical. Strangely Beautiful Blessings!http://www.leannareneehieber.com