Wednesday, October 2, 2013

My Modern Paganism

My Modern Paganism
(image propriety of mariesfreebies.blogspot.com)A friend sent me an piece to comprehend about why Wicca is not Celtic as plentiful Wiccans and Pagans spell. This set off a whole allusion with in person about how modern Pagans practice their spiritual paths and the claims some make. I am not and be the owner of never been Wiccan. I am a complicated polytheist, Goddess-oriented, soft spot heavily towards the Greco-Roman pantheon, but not exclusively. I spell in plentiful goddesses and gods, not archetypes as some Pagans do, but that They actually be in this world as nation. I am a witch who practices the sorcerous and shamanic artes. My beliefs are right that, informer and I make no acquit that they are in any way leading or subordinate than other Pagan's. I make no judgement of other Pagans' beliefs or practices, something else plentiful on a consistent path - fundies and the holier than thou are omnipresent. OK, that's a judgement, but hey, I'm human! Expound are, nonetheless, in my prevail, some very stupid cloth out put forward about modern Pagan beliefs that are frankly not heavy, as put forward are within any spiritual/religious group. I am not non-centrally is this examine. One repeatedly supposed belief is that we Pagans come after an ancient religion. In facts, we do not; at best we attempt to re-establish, based on away long-ago and spiritualist information, a way to stock the goddesses and gods we spell in. Or... we be the owner of shaped a new spiritual route that plentiful be the owner of hectic to - consistent to what has happened earlier in other belief systems. All religions began with someone's propose about the spiritual, anew, in my prevail.

At some be a sign of the Pagan fill, I yearn for, atmosphere come to the understanding that being we stock the Old Ones, we are not at the back some ancient path that has been in time for thousands of years. Our lives are solely and very eccentric from these descent who held in these self-same deities we do, in view of that our bite of the spiritual cannot be the self-same. Expound are, in fact, so plentiful differences that to say that we do is frankly not heavy and oblivion atmosphere make it so. We can stock persons self-same deities, we can attempt to reproduction some ritual ways, but decisively our nonconformist experiences of spirit is very eccentric. In addition, we can not know solely how these nation conducted their cremation or precisely what it is they felt about the gods. We can on your own do our best to noticeably re-establish a coins and be as true to the goddesses and gods and our spiritual selves as capability.

For seminar, I atmosphere never know what the Eleusinian Mysteries actually were. We know something of them, but a long way is unspecified - yet they view very secret to me. I can surmise based on endless and ongoing study, but, in truth, I atmosphere never know for they were solely secret and participants were oath-bound on good quality of death. So what do I do? I may well, as some badly utter, not attempt to stock persons mysteries, their attractiveness is that it is noticeably sacrilegious to try. Thus far, I don't hard with that like I am continuously ashy to them, put forward is a circumstances for that. I won't accord up. I don't acquit to know what I really don't - deluding in person that such and such goddess or guide gave me the information. I root my practice on moot, easily hurt and spiritual confirmation, so to speak. I give rise to what I do know, based on long-ago and archeological testimony, connive it with what ardently, sincerely and personally I am ashy to do and to finish, denomination the have a fight. If it brings spiritual gratification and some vary of notch that indicates to me I am on the robust path, I call lay aside. If not, I make adjustments, but bar probing, moving lay aside that route to everywhere it takes me. And put forward are plentiful data lines with partially dormant paths to turn off onto - some lead nowhere and one prerequisite turn back, others lead to a prudent one's cavern.This path I, and persons delight me, be the owner of chosen, is continuously growing as we learn and bite our deities, the spirits, the Otherworld, which is how it want be. Zip up in this conception carcass the self-same. All is, one hopes, growing, embryonic, dying off, persistent to seed and what time anew evolving all the rage do, greatest second ourselves. We bar probing like we make to, we are predestined to... or, at most minuscule, some of us are.

Blessings nine!