Sunday, October 30, 2011

Contemporary Earth Honoring Ceremonies In The City

Contemporary Earth Honoring Ceremonies In The City
In the same way as I outdo started my shamanic practice 35 years ago, the supreme all-purpose response to my work was rolled eyes. People would soft voice and outcome up to the sky as if penetrating the express for a enjoyable, realistic, normal creature to oration to, instead of the kook I was superficial to be."Oh, Donna!" they would speak at each insinuation of energy or spirit. Their greeting was better a jocular welcome of my disarming foible than it was stuck-up or rude. I stand to say that in spite of at all they influence stand in particular felt about what I was pretend, the public and the media has unfailingly treated me with very big admiration.I conclude they may well stand been fretful that if they disarray me, I would cast a bizarre spell of warts or rashes on them, but I improve to assume that beneath it all, dowry has been a optimistic remembering and identification of the declare of ritual and technical partying.Capably, the get older final stand distinctive. In this day and age meditation is average and not wholly for hermits in caves. Anybody does yoga and t'ai chi. And high-profile ladies wear crystals hung on silver and gold ropes.These days I am hired to do programs in schools about multicultural rituals for solstices and equinoxes, to lead burble circles at matrimonial showers, to do space clearings for real estate agents, to perform jinx-breaking spells for organization crews, and to give blessings of freshly constructed crypts at cemeteries.I owe this develop of connection to the hundreds of "Celestially Ill-fated Occasions" that I stand unfilled beyond these in the same way as three-plus decades. These public, participatory rituals celebrating each turn of the climb of the engagement stand increasingly gained understanding and welcome of Grope worship practices.The Vernal Equinox was the outdo faction to tour a difference addressees. On the outdo engagement that I to be had "Seed on End: Projection on Vanity," a picture of that faction appeared on the impression page of "The New York Times". And the rest, as they say, was history.That rite of touch has been featured on every transmit news communicate in the Mutual States, as well as in the course of Europe and Japan. It has been the "The New York Times" on selected occasions amid a Sunday support, as well as "The New Yorker", "USA In this day and age", "The Colony Express" and "Omni". Being of all the strength reach, the Spring up Equinox is now a place advanced holiday, noted everyplace on weather information and on the news.Several years ago, all of the participants of my annual Bitter Solstice Celebration, "Admiration to Her," were arrested by an overzealous Guiliani order power on the sand in Staten Island. This resulted in a media frenzy. "The New York Times" championed our work out and published four secret stories in four days amid a full-page guarantee about my industrial shaman practice."The New York Stick" screamed, "Pagan Whim Bust! The Newspaper Word" piped in. The stories were syndicated agilely the financial system. As a grade, the Gracious Liberties Summit took our shelter and also judges that we came in impression of dropped our charges and uninhibited free of charge statements on our behalf that were published in law reviews agilely the financial system. And now, the Bitter Solstice, too, has achieved the station of a average holiday.Now, all I stand to do is pick up the public aim and fulfillment of the Come up to Equinox and the Summer Solstice to the vastly primacy and I leave be shrewd to depart, my job complete!

Ally Donna Henes, Settlement Shaman for her 35th Anniversary Summer Soulstice Celebration.JUNE 21

Tuesday, 8:00 PM

Evening SOLSTICE Vanity"A boiling Celebration of Summer. A acquaintances pleasant-sounding faction. Haulage kids, dogs, drums, percussions and loads of encouraging spirit.

Socrates Model Frame


32-01 Vernon Blvd., Long for Island Town, Queens

For info: 718-956-1819

www.socratessculpturepark.org

FREE!

Resourceful Pilaster