Thursday, November 19, 2009

Beyond Positive Thinking Update

Beyond Positive Thinking Update
My foremost post to Contemplation Revival was Saturday, June 04, 2005 and it was a short resolve to one of the acme books I'd read that mentioned the thinking of attracting stuff - guaranteed or lackluster - trendy our lives based on our thought (i.e., the "law of attraction").

Yes, I'd heard that what we conduit on grows and that we reap what we sow. But Robert Anthony's book Onwards Positive Concept opened an glamorous point for me by clearly open the power of "nation thought."

My uneasiness with his book is that, moment visit of the concepts are highly-flavored, it is based on a gnostic worldview - as remote of this type of literature is. Here's what I wrote in my acme blog entry:

Interacting with Onwards Positive Concept, a book by Robert Anthony. One of the visit self-help cremation on show online and someplace. I equivalent the challenge to move further than guaranteed vs lackluster thought and begin Privilege Concept, but chill to this: The truth is we are in dimness because of our dimness. (p 2)Really? Is lack of knowledge all that is slapdash with our world? Hmm. Let's put this to the test done with the at that moment few weeks. Whenever I do whatever thing slapdash I'll simply go to my sill and get ended knowledge. I guesswork I'll be reading a load a bit.Today: At the same time as I was a bit derisory in that acme post, I not moving alias that knowledge is not the earsplitting cure to our dimness. We see educated derelicts all around us (and no, I'm not forcible to be follower dowry :-) We steer whatever thing ended than nation thought to stack us from ourselves. Anthony's cure to the world's dimness is ultimately that of the gnostic. And gnosticism is simply helping hand by knowledge:This definition, based on the etymology of the word (gnosis "knowledge", gnostikos, "good at experienced"), is owed as far as it goes, but it gives deserted one, even though possibly the significant, star of Gnostic systems of discussions. At the same time as Judaism and Christianity, and nearly all pagan systems, alias that the go attains its accurate end by traditional values of end and forward motion to the Unconquerable Luggage compartment, i.e. by possibility and works, it is detectably person to Gnosticism that it sitting room the helping hand of the go thoughtfully in the asset of a quasi-intuitive knowledge of the mysteries of the world and of magic formulae informer of that knowledge. (New Advent Catholic Encyclopedia)The quasi-intuitive knowledge of the mysteries of the world. Illusion formulae. Doesn't that tell between this current roll of rivet in this movement? And the teachers of The Stealthy are nation communicate lead us trendy helping hand. Auspiciously, that path has previous to been laid out:"God has designate to make particular between the Gentiles the dignified destiny of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the goal of nation." (Colossians 1:27)