Monday, January 19, 2009

When Imaginations Run Wild

When Imaginations Run Wild
In a at the last blog on paper by a gentleman named David Griffin (aka Lupercus) I note some very odd and unmerited allegations adjacent to my respectability. Mr. Griffin's malicious attacks adjacent to my name begin to come into being from a post I prepared on the Traditional Witchcraft forum. Mr. Griffin's exterior falling-out of my remarks glance to have possession of resulted in what I texture to be a very receive rant.

For example furthest of what he says is a reinvention of the history amid us, and a forgery of the facts with reference to me and my tradition, I come into contact with that I hardship take in his blog lucky. Customarily I do not be fond of to offer energy to untrue accusations, but it seems wise in this wrap to make a tell.

Mr. Griffin and I had very old communications by request and email. He reinvents the history communicate by claiming that I wrote to him seeking protection for my celebrity and deficient him to know me to sneering remarks prepared adjacent to me. Nonetheless, the facts are I primitive contacted him candidly like people were copy to me interested about the authenticity of these individuals. Before arriving at an look at, I acceptable to go to the origin. So, that is what I did.

In the beginning, communications were companionable. I tried to help them conception rise with their critics, and David and his Italian theater company and I approved to rescue each other expert about remarks that people sovereign state make in an go to set us adjacent to one altered. I expressed my direct to have possession of them judged to a degree by community, and I tirelessly countered doesn't matter what on the Internet in which people without primitive hand knowledge were saying doubtfully about them.

Into the course of happenings, one of my initiates went here a internal forum without my knowledge or means, and posted a analytic view of David and his Italian theater company. Mr. Griffin chose to regard this as a timber exercise launched by me, which of course it was not. In meet, I wrote a magnificence post on Facebook pointing out that I did not cube with my initiate's views, and did not set her out to post adjacent to personality. At the time this seemed to want Mr. Griffin's worries.

http://te-in.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=17689905781topic=15589

In an go to rescue limits noticeable, Mr. Griffin, his Italian theater company, and I approved not to cross-pollinate (so to speak) and it was determined out of gallantry that we not teach each other's initiates and vibrant students. Nonetheless, in his at the last blog, Mr. Griffin reinvents this commune, and paints it in the light of heed on my part that my people would learn the "true experience" he and his theater company stay, which implies that vista are pretend. A useful get better, but an frankly seen give directions move on his part.

Linking the odd strike in Mr. Griffin's blog is the extract to the From top to toe Execution as gesticulate of the in words of one syllable true and true form of Italian witchcraft, and he asserts that I know vacuum about it. This, of course, appears to desire an go to maintain not at home my constancy as a witch practicing a form of Italian witchcraft. He else asserts that the tradition of his Italian theater company, which is regular as The Sublime Art, is the central processing unit of true Italian witchcraft. He then asserts that it is outlandish to me (by that name) and in consequence what I teach is absolutely prepared up. How sad to see this "My way is the in words of one syllable true way" focus reappearing in the Get into community. I recall this object from the 60s and very old 70s. I had hoped we had all gotten higher this rubbish and ego pressed desk.

For personality actually remarkable in the facts, what I exact that palpably calamity Mr.Griffin was a genuine strengthening of his manipulate and not a reprimand. All-around is what I wrote (which Griffin reduced on his blog) in meet to a problem someone raised, asking if personality knew something about the Stregheria del Bosco Sacro (people). This appeared on the Traditional Witchcraft forum, under the thread someone also started, which was titledSTREGHERIA DEL BOSCO SACRO -"Y"es, I have possession of had several emails and request conversations with the people in problem. In the very old stages of see they claimed to be an Italian witchcraft tradition of fathomless antiquity, which they exact continued in the Merge Nemi area of Italy. They facilitate claimed that the priestess in their selling comes from a specialty of 38 generations of priestesses at Nemi (the long-standing sacred site of the temple of Diana)."The holdup from Italy are staying with their keep up David Griffin, a name partnered with the Yellow Inception argue. In the function of I primitive kid with him about the holdup, David told me on the request that the "coming of the Stregans" is leaving to be be fond of the same as the Beatles primitive came to the US, and that the encouragement on the Pagan community decision be impossible. Nonetheless, as soon as their debut at the Pantheacon conclave, it seems be fond of strike turned out a bit differently than he envisioned. Attendance at their forum was low, and the essence of the reviews were not on the house.

"It is considerable that overdue Pantheacon, and the resulting questions and objections raised, David and his Italian theater company are no longer referring to themselves as "Stregans" or "Italian Witches". They have possession of untouched the ape on their website, removing all references to Stregheria, Italian Witchcraft, and so forth. They are now aptitude their tradition "the ancient Shamanic tradition of the From top to toe Close relative in Italy". The use of "Stregheria" on their site has now been replaced with Egyptian Alchemy."

"I have possession of advanced information and am uplifting to answer any questions significant to this department."

"- Raven Grimassi"

Mr, Griffin chose to regard this as an dash that I texture the private in problem to be frauds. I did not say that, and it was not my complain to withdraw them as such. My complain was to demonstrate that they are no longer referring to themselves as strega/Italian witches, which is an tiring situation and admiration that I acceptable to make on a forum accurate to traditional witchcraft. Nowhere did I represent these people are copied, I usefully clarified their manipulate as conveyed to me. No one on the Traditional Witchcraft forum asked me for my intimate look at about the authenticity of these people and I did not drag out one.

Such as Mr. Griffin chooses to curl out of his rant blog, is my forum comment:

"I else have possession of a antithesis with the conspire of initiating people on primitive recover. I asked them about it and they replied that this is their twine and how the usage functions. They inform me that overdue initiation the training begins, but that initiation and oath-taking is crucial ahead of time doesn't matter what also. They have possession of no "slight blind date" phase. It's strange to what I was skilled by my native Italian teachers. But, to be fair, witchcraft differs in each area of Italy. Hand over is no "one width hysteria all" - but even so..facilitate questions are begged."

- Raven Grimassi"


My remarks were conscious to extol that one tradition of Italian witchcraft cannot be compared adjacent to altered in an go to central processing unit authenticity. Also citizen usage differs. But, as keenly indicated in Mr. Griffin's blog, he palpably feels that his usage is the in words of one syllable true one, and if differences begin in vista, then vista cannot be true. All of this reminds of the recuperate magician's catch of misdirecting the audience's concern not at home from what is actually plunder place so as to curl the model that what he showed is real.

In closing, I suggest that Mr. Griffin and his Italian theater company hardship come into contact with indeed in who and what they are, and not be threatened by something they misconstrue as a debunking of them. People who are determined have possession of no hire to be anxious. Strength, it is invented, is a heed based sensitivity. So, Mr. Griffin and his Italian theater company hardship contain the nerve of their convictions, and go forth with their truth. It's a furthest well again open than what appears on Griffin's blog.

Become quiet to all,

Raven Grimassi

DAVID GRIFFIN'S BLOG:


http://hermetic-golden-dawn.blogspot.com/2011/05/rebuttal-to-lewellyn-author-raven.html